Receive Your Esther Calling
Dear King’s Daughter,
Have you ever been called to do something for God's kingdom that was completely out of your comfort zone–or even dangerous? That is exactly what happened to Esther, a Jewish girl who risked her life to save the Jewish people.
Tonight at sundown to Thursday evening, we celebrate Purim. This Jewish festival reminds us of Esther's courage in approximately 455 B.C.. It is a joy to celebrate Jewish festivals as Christians who have been grafted into our Jewish roots (Romans 11).
We encourage you to read the book of Esther during Purim! Enjoy "Esther's Top 20 A's" from Ginnie's study, capsulizing Esther's journey from an adopted orphan to an abounding heroine. She is also model for Christians to stand with and for Israel.
1. Adopted - Mordecai took Esther for his own daughter - Esther 2:7
2. Available - Esther was willing to go to King Ahasuerus' palace - Esther 2:8
3. Anointed - Esther was given all things for purification - Esther 2:9
4. Adored - King Ahasuerus loved Esther and her winsome beauty - Esther 2:15-17
5. Appointed - The King selected and favored Esther to be his Queen - Esther 2:17
6. Accoladed - The King held an elaborate "Esther's Feast" in her honor - Esther 2:18
7. Anonymous - Esther kept her Jewish heritage secret obediently - Esther 2:20
8. Advocate - Esther alerted the King of Mordecai’s name - Esther 2:22
9. Afflicted - Esther was grieved by Haman's death decree of the Jews - Esther 3:4
10. Alerted - Esther gathered info to find out what was and why - Esther 3:5
11. Appeased - Esther sent Mordecai clothes to appease his wailing - Esther 4:4
12. Afraid (Momentarily) - Esther excused herself from divine risk taking - Esther 4:11
13. Accepts Warning - Esther warned by Mordecai and encouraged to stand up for her people - Esther 4:14
14. Agrees- Esther agreed to take action and called a 3 day fast to receive God's further instructions - Esther 4:15-16
15. Arises - Esther courageously invited the King to a banquet - Esther 5:1-2
16. Advances - Esther’s feast for Haman and the King exposed evil - Esther 7:3-4
17. Appeals - Requested of the King to reverse decree against the Jews - Esther 8:5
18. Authorizes- Esther sealed and executed the reversal of the death decree with the King’s signet ring - Esther 8:8
19. Accomplishes - Hanging Haman’s sons canceling generational curses - Esther 9:13
20. Abounds - Feast of Purim time celebrates deliverance and victory from Esther's actions! There was feasting, joy, honor, gladness, gift giving, & celebration for two days thanking God and the queen! - Esther 9:2
Esther was called "for such a time as this"– and so are you.
King's Daughter, you are invited to receive an Esther calling! God has given you gifts, talents, opportunities, and platforms to use in your sphere of influence for His glory and kingdom. He has also given you a mandate to pray for and stand with Israel (Psalm 122:6).
How will you use your voice?
"For if you remain completely silent at this time, relief and deliverance will arise for the Jews from another place, but you and your father’s house will perish. Yet who knows whether you have come to the kingdom for such a time as this?” Esther 4:14
Sarah & Ginnie
p.s. Enjoy "Top 10 Ways to Pray for Israel" and discover how King's Daughters has stepped into our Esther calling by supporting Israel with our voice and a portion of every sale.